Hacking is as easy as following the installation steps for my model from the archlinux website. Some familiarity with command line will help here, but you can really just copy/paste for the most part. The only part not covered exactly is how to SSH to the device, but I'll cover that later/on request.
After getting through the initial installation, you'll want to follow some of these first steps to get everything updated and ready to go. This includes:
- Setting the system date/time
- Setting a new password
- Adding new users (you don't want to use root for everyday stuff)
- Installing sudo
I've found some more articles covering this process
Things To Do
Here I'll list the different things you can do with your hacked Pogoplug!
An excellent start-to-finish step-by-step guide to setting up an LAMP server can be found here. Just skip most of part 1 (as you did that following the official instructions in the above section.
For starters, you'll want to know how to install software. Here's a how-to on package management for arch linux arm using pacman.
- Quick Reference:
- pacman -Ss <package> search repo
- pacman -Qs <package> search local db
- pacman -Rs <package> remove package and unneeded dependancies
- add n to also remove config files